AimsThe aim of Aiglon College is the balanced development of MIND, BODY and SPIRIT through:
The development of the MIND focuses on the intellect and the
capacity to think, learn and reflect powerfully and purposefully.
The development of the BODY focuses on physical fitness and the maintaining of an active and healthy lifestyle.
The development of the SPIRIT focuses on the essence of ourselves and the exploration of faith, service and purpose in life.
(Download our Guiding Principles brochure here)
ObjectivesAiglon College pursues its aim through a series of objectives related to LEARNING and COMMUNITY.
- strives for excellence in learning and academic achievement by
- providing a rigorous, stimulating and disciplined teaching environment
- promoting lifelong intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
- designing a balanced curriculum that takes account of the school’s culture diversity and the aptitude of its students
- challenging students to perform to their full potential.
- makes good use of its inspiring Alpine environment to promote a range of skills and to develop personal qualities.
- equips students to make responsible choices in
- personal and community relationships
- concern for the global environment
- service and citizenship.
- nurtures a range of life and leadership skills including
- a clear set of moral values
- respect for a spiritual dimension to life
- a habit of reflection and an appreciation of beauty
- a capacity for teamwork and action
- a recognition of the value of a healthy lifestyle balancing physical and mental wellbeing
- self-discipline and efficient time-management
- self-motivation and initiative
Aiglon College seeks to be a welcoming home, providing
- a safe and caring environment
- a comprehensive range of counselling and pastoral services
- an attractive campus offering optimal conditions for healthy living and learning.
- pursues a culture of improvement in all areas, underpinned by regular assessment and evaluation
- is committed to responsible use of resources
- benefits from the wide range of cultures within the school to promote a happily integrated international community
- fosters a spirit of community based on courtesy and mutual respect
- strives to be a close and well-informed “family” embracing students, alumni, parents, staff and governors
- involves students in service to the wider community
- develops creative and co-operative relationships with the local community
- takes advantage of its proximity to many centres of cultural and natural interest
- capitalises on its favourable staff-student ratio to provide personalised support
- aims to produce engaged, responsible students who are kind and caring.