28 June - 02 July 2019: Come back to the mountain for Aiglon's 70th. Book your tickets today!
Swiss History & Culture Trip
Date: 12 - 14 October
The Year 9 Swiss History and Culture weekend takes all Year 9 students to central Switzerland for three days, and is one of two field trips that the History Department runs in the Autumn Term for this year group.
The students will visit:
- Ballenberg Outdoor Museum of Rural Swiss Life
- Sonnenberg Civil Protection Shelter
- The Medieval Centre of Lucerne
- The Transport Museum
- Students also have the chance to enjoy Lucerne's October funfair and to enjoy a Swiss-themed evening in the famous Stadtkeller restaurant.
- On return to school there is some follow-up academic work to do that is focused on what the students have learnt about life in rural Switzerland in centuries past.
There is no charge for this trip as it forms part of the Year 9 academic syllabus.